Home Ground follows Helena Mikkelsen’s journey to the top as Europe’s first female football manager – and her struggles as a single mum.
In season two, her team loses their sponsor. With an inexperienced squad, Helena faces a turbulent season where fighting for her club’s soul is as important as on-field success.
The series is about passion, identity and loyalty. It is about relocating to a small community and trying to gain the respect of others without losing yourself.
★ Official Selection Berlinale Series 2018
★ Nominated for Best Director, Best Screenwriter and Best Mini-Series at Seoul International Drama Awards 2018
★ Selected for N12
- Original title: Heimebane
- Duration: 10 x 50 minutes (season 1), 8 x50 minutes (season 2)
- Genre: Drama
- Produced by: NRK/Motlys
- Created /Written by: Johan Fasting
- Directed by: Arild Andresen, Cecilie Mosli, Stian Kristiansen, Yngvild Sve Flikke and Eirik Svensson
- Distributor: DR Sales
- Status: Season one aired in 2018, season two aired in 2019
- Executive producer NRK: Ivar Køhn (firstname.lastname@example.org)