State of Happiness
State of Happiness tells the story of four young people who seek a future in the new oil nation of Norway.
It is a story of Western prosperity, a changing nation, a Klondike town, and a whirlwind of opportunities.
The second season stretches from 1977 to 1980. Environment politics and safety awareness are on the agenda when a well blows out and a hotel platform capsizes.
This is also the time when people start to make money. Some more than they can handle.
- ★ Winner of Best Script and Best Music at Canneseries 2018
- ★ Selected for N12
- Original title: Lykkeland
- Duration: 8 x 45 minutes
- Genre: Drama
- Produced by: Maipo on behalf of NRK
- Created/Written by: Synnøve Hørsdal (creator and writer), Siv Rajendram (concept) and Mette M. Bølstad (writer)
- Directed by: Petter Næss and Pål Jackman
- Distributor: DR Sales
- Status: Season one aired in 2018, season two in production
- Executive Producer NRK: Marianne Furevold-Boland (marianne.furevold @nrk.no)