Lars is eleven years old and a half-zombie, or “living unliving” as the politically correct term goes.
In his new hometown, Lars’ kind are rare and frowned upon. However, he soon discovers others who are different too: a ninja, a witch, a troll and a changeling, to mention some.
Together, they explore their true nature in a conformist and deeply preju- diced society.
- ★ Winner of Best Non-Animated or Mixed Series at Kidscreen Awards 2019
- ★ Winner of Best Storytelling Award at Nordic Kids Media Festival 2019
- ★ Winner of Children and Youth category at Rose D’Or 2019
- ★ Winner of 11-15 Fiction Award at Prix de Jeunesse 2018
- ★ Winner of 11-15 Fiction Award of the Intl. Youth Jury at Prix de Jeunesse 2018
- ★ Winner of Children/Youth category at Venice TV Awards 2018
- Original title: ZombieLars
- Genre: Fantasy drama targeting eight to twelve-year-olds
- Created/Written by: Thomas Seeberg Torjussen and Gisle Halvorsen
- Directed by: Atle Knudsen, Gisle Halvorsen, Thomas Seeberg Torjussen and Tonje Voreland
- Produced by: Tordenfilm on behalf of NRK
- Distributor: Global Screen
- Status: Three seasons aired
- Executive Producer NRK: Gisle Halvorsen (email@example.com)